What is SEO?
In search results Google™ shows links to the pages, they consider most relevant and authoritative. Authority is mostly measured by analyzing the number of quality links from other web sites. In simple words, SEO makes your web pages have the potential to rank in Google™ as long as the other web pages link to them.
How to do it?
To understand what SEO means, let’s break that sentence into two parts – On and Off-Page Optimisation The practice of optimizing individual web pages to rank better and earn the most relevant traffic from search engines. On-page refers to content and HTML source code of a page that can be further optimized, as apposed off-page which refers to external signals including links.
On-Page SEO Basics
The essential things to improve relevant search traffic, boost your rankings and make off-page SEO a lot easier. Here are the basics on-page optimization fundamentals to put on the main pages including and especially the homepage. Before we proceed, one thing to keep in mind using any of the following SEO elements is not to do too much with it. Excitement to put a lot of keywords may harm the web site, Google™ has unleashed an over-optimization penalty to target web sites that have too many keywords stuffed onto one page. So, keep it simple, and think of adding up to five keywords or phrases for each page of the web site and optimize for those. AdWords Keyword Planner is the best tool to get suggestions by entering some preliminary ideas.
For Off Page SEO, the most important links are:
- Link Building
- Social Media
- Link Building
- Link building is one of the well known and effective off-page methods. Basically, building external links
- to web sites help to bypass competitors and rank higher on search engines.
- Blog Submissions
- Article Directories
- Press Release Submissions
- Video Promotions
- Slide Share Presentations
Is quality or quantity of links matter?
- So, building links is not a matter of quantity at all, however, it is a matter of quality. In simple words, getting quality links are only what we need.
Essentials for High-Quality Backlinks?
- From a relevant source From a trusted source
- Sends traffic Exact/phrase match anchor link text used
- In-content On a page with PageRank
- Not reciprocal Few other backlinks on the page
- Not paid for Not easily acquired
- Social media (like facebook, twitter) are also a part of “off-site SEO and link building. It should also be
- noted that all of the links received from social sites are “no-follow” however, this does not mean that
- they do not have any value attached to it.
- So, get on Facebook, get on Twitter…Find out where your audience is and their favorite channels and
- start building relations.